Monday, April 11, 2011

100 Days To Go!

Only 100 days until we are off to Europe!! I am SO freaking excited that to honor the occasion, I have written two songs. I may have borrowed the melodies, but the lyrics are all mine...

Yummy Paris
(To the tune of Frère Jacques)

Are you ready?
Really ready?
For Paris? (pronounce this the French way – Pah-ree)
FOR PARIS?? (scream this line and jump up and down excitedly)
We’ll be there in 100 days
Eating at très bonne cafés
Yum, yummy (rub tummy while singing)
Yum, yummy

(For fun grab a friend and sing it as a round!)

To Italia!
(To the tune of That’s Amore!)

In one hundred days’ time
You and I will be flyin’
To Italia!

We’ll get on board the plane
In the sun or the rain
To Italia!

Tuscany
Just you wait and see
It will be (say Italian-like – It-ah will-ah be)
Just like me (and again – Just-ah like-ah me)
Molto bella! (yes, you are very beautiful…don’t ever forget it)

Rome is hot
Very, very hot
Gelato hits the spot
Think I’ll eat a lot
In Italia!

History, Uffizi,
Medici, Da Vinci
In Italia!

Wish at Trevi Fountain
To return once again
To Italia!


Do I smell a Grammy Award???

No comments:

Post a Comment