Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin!

31,536,000 seconds. 525,600 minutes. 8,760 hours. 365 days. 12 months. 1 year. It might sound like a lot - especially when you're waiting for something completely amazing. But in one year from today, we will be leaving for our next trip to Europe!  Yes, in one year, we will bid "au revoir" to our loved ones, hop on a charter bus to JFK Airport, and take off across the Atlantic to begin the adventure of a lifetime - 10 days in Paris, Florence, and Rome! 

This summer (2010) is the first in four years that I have not been able to go to Paris (merci global recession & trucker dude who hit my poor Mini and left me to do physical therapy all summer instead of strolling along the Champs-Élysées). To say that I am excited for next year's trip is a gross understatement! However, since I am in charge of our time in Paris next year, I have been able to pacify myself by planning an absolutely amazing trip! 

I haven't been to Italy since 2007 and am very much looking forward to going back. I absolutely love Florence and am eager to seeing a lot of things we missed in 2007. We  arrived in Florence on a Sunday and found that not much is open! So, this time, we made sure we won't be there on a Sunday! The summer of 2007 was also the hottest that Italy had in 25 years, so anything below 100 degrees would be fine by me! Perhaps what I am most looking forward to (besides the amazing sites) is the gelato. The gelato in Italy alone is worth the trip! Yum...

Periodically over the next year, I will post some thoughts, links, suggestions of books or articles to read and movies to watch to prepare for our trip. And if you come across anything you think we might all enjoy, please post it (or email it to me or Mr. Switala and I'll make sure it gets posted). Until then enjoy the rest of your summer and have a great school year! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment